The #1 bit for hard, rocky soil conditions.
The newly redesigned Eagle Claw SD™ bit is made for hard, rocky soil conditions. The hardened steel carbide cutter teeth on the front of the bit are designed to cut through the hardest soils with embedded chunky hardfacing. The interchangeable cutter teeth accommodate a wide variety of job conditions. has integrated dome carbide blocks into the body to give greater wear protection and cutting power. Added conical carbides on the upper cutting face add more aggression to the bit’s cutting power. The dome carbide blocks on the opposite side of the body also help transfer more power to the cutting surface as they push against the wall pack during rotation downhole.
- Unique balanced cutting design improves cutting efficiency
- Aggressive tri-tooth carbide cutting action gets through the hardest conditions
- Smooth running with minimal vibration to drill stem and drill rig
- Dome carbide buttons minimize wear on bit body and push against the wall pack
- Quickly and easily change out carbide cutter teeth
- Easily threads on to a side-load or high-flow housing
- Steering face has conical shape for quicker reaction to directional “pushes”
- Available in several cut sizes for rigs from 7,000 to 200,000 lbs.
2018-2019 PRODUCT CATALOG
When you’re deep in an HDD job, you need tools you can count on. Our expert team of engineers has bored through every type of soil, sand and rock there is. Improve your HDD drilling with Melfred Borzall’s performance enhancing tools. Download the Product Catalog to view product details.
A LOCATION NEAR YOU
We know when you need the right tool you need it at the right time. Which is why we have distributors all over the US and the globe—to get you what you need as soon as you need it. Use our Find a Distributor tool to find the closest distributor to you.Find a distributor
We’re committed to helping directional drillers remain productive and profitable. Our knowledgeable sales staff are here to answer your questions and get you the right tools for the job.
Find the right Melfred Borzall product for the job
When you’re deep in an HDD job, you need tools you can count on. Our expert team of engineers has bored through every type of soil, sand and rock there is. When stock Vermeer and Ditch Witch tools just couldn’t cut it, we went ahead and designed our own.
|Ultra Bit 3|
|Steep Taper Bit 3|
|Eagle Claws & Replacement Cutters|
|Iron Fist Bit|
|Red Diamond Blade|
|Tornado Pup Reamers|